Avoiding the raindrops wasn’t easy today – my walk had to be late in the day – and this was taken ‘from the hip’
Wondering what this is all about? Well, now that we’ve got the start of the year out of the way I can get down to business! I take a walk on most days. I won’t be documenting the whole process, but during the year I will post something from TODAY’s walk. If I don’t have time to don my shoes it will be a picture of something else that is current. Today? Well, we avoided the very heavy showers and high winds and this is what we found.
A very muddy path, puddles to be avoided and just a glint of reflected sunlight to guide us along the way
This is the entrance to our nature reserve also pictured in the blog header. Expect to see a lot more of it in the near future. I wonder where tomorrow will lead?
- My.Vivid.Visions | Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning of Lotus
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | Rooktopia
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | Flickr Comments
- Beginning (Weekly Photo Challenge) | Icezine
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Beginning | Chittle Chattle
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | Ese’ s Voice
- Weekly Photo Challenge: beginning | MyBlog – solaner
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | Uncle Spike’s Adventures
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | The Ambitious Drifter
- WPC: Beginning | Books, Music, Photography & Movies : my best friends
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Beginning | Just Snaps
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning – Joy and Woe
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | A mom’s blog
- Photoworld 3-1-14 | ~~~ nur ein “Klick” ~~~ ein Kompendium
- In the Beginning There is Love….(WP weekly photo challenge) | Daily Observations
- Fear of Pontius Pilate Insults My Intelligence | Bumblepuppies
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | Hope* the happy hugger
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Beginning | Joe’s Musings
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | scillagrace
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | Stephen Chapman
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Beginning. | Maybe a Post a Day 2014
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Beginning | This, that and the other thing
- Beginning- Weekly Photo Challenge | The Rider
- Graffiti 0452 | artishorseshit
- Beginning | de Wets Wild
Today is rather a special day. My uncle is 90.
Later this month we are having a family get-together to celebrate. The plans are still ‘under wraps’, but it will be a gentle day with lots of memories tossed backwards and forwards. He’ll be taking the day off – you see he is still working! Yes, still writing and investigating scientific things with no intention of retiring. In fact, he’s still travelling the world and lecturing.
I tried to find a photograph, but I don’t have one on this computer. Instead I’m including one of our son with all our grandchildren taken a few years ago
The cousins are great friends even though there is a difference in age. I thought it was appropriate to show this picture as my earliest memory of my uncle goes back to when I was about the same age as the youngest boy shown here. It was around the time my sibling was born. Sadly, I never had any cousins.
Happy Birthday Uncle D